Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oh the places you'll go....

I have given much thought to how kahlen has changed our lives. I think other than the obvious joy and sense of purpose she give me, her early arrival has given me the chance to meet and bond with other people, whom I might have otherwise never known. I have met a mother of 4 who inspires me with her love, strength, and ability to forgive and celebrate circumstance. I have met a mother of two who helps me laugh at myself and feel good about the smallest milestones and silly quirks. I have met a tiny babe and her parents who keep me grounded by reminding me to celelbrate the present and the future..." oh the places you'll go". I have met 2 first time mommas who remind me that babies change and get big so quick, and how to enjoy the littlest and most adorable parts of Kahlen while she is young. I am so thankful for every momma and daddy I have met through the NICU. I honestly own them big time. Without them my sanity would be a thing of the past. So thank-you moms and dad. Thank you for helping me understand how a serries of unexpected events can bring people together, and for being strong for me when I needed it most!

No comments:

Post a Comment