Saturday, January 16, 2010

Play Date 2009

Okay, Im behind on the blog (big surprise eh?). And maybe worse than being behind, I've become a thief. The pictures you are about to see are stolen... well maybe I should say 'borrowed' because I have a feeling the person I 'borrowed' them from won't mind (I hope!!).

So, the post...

On Dec 30th Kahlen and I hosted her first playdate. Naturally I invited some of the NICU mommas (I love these women) and the worlds cutest premature babes over. I frantically cleaned before their arrival, trying to make the impression I am a good house keeper (which is a huge lie...and I think they fell for it!) and that I can juggle and balance all the elements of my life successfully (what a joke!). But eventually, I managed to hide all our junk in the nooks and crannies of our home. I put out the spread of goodies. Sadly it happened so long ago I don't even remember what amazing things I bought and then put on a plate and pretended I made. Yes I do that! AND... the girls and babes came over.



We chatted, and ate, and admired each others kids. I may be biased but we have REALLY good looking kids. I mean really.. these kids are going to grow up to be HOT! Anyways, I digress. We chatted and relaxed and swapped horror stories. Poonamis, puke, sleep deprivation, and all the glamorous parts of motherhood. Jokes aside though. These women reassure me, support me, advise me, laugh with me, and make my life better. I am thankful for them, and oddly enough, thankful that our kids were all premature and that we had the chance to meet, bond, and develop freindships. I fell as though I have known some of these women my whole life, and most I have known for less than 10 months. Our kids have literally grown up together and I am grateful that Kahlen's first friends come from such loving, caring, and genuinely wonderful families!

No comments:

Post a Comment