Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ladies Night, Fingers to Toes

We had another Ladies night. This time we went to the Pure Nail Bar in Port Moody's Sutter Brooke Village (kitty corner from New Port Villiage). The Nail Bar advertises: "after hours parties-beginning at 6pm, book your own private party. reserve the nail bar any night of the week and you and your guests can get pampered exclusively! minimum $400 to be spent in services."

I thought a private party would be a fun idea, and I wasn't opposed to being papered either. So I rounded up the gals, called the Nail Bar and booked us in, and sat back eagerly awaiting the night out away from Miss K (who has become a tantrum queen). I should have been more savvy and more attentive to my intuition when, on the day of our ladies night, I got a call from the nail bar. The converstaion went somthing like this "... blah blah blah. Would you mind coming in earlier tonight? The party is booked or 7pm which makes it a long day for the girls. 6pm would work better for us." To which I replied "sorry no, 7pm was booked for a reason. No one could possible get there any earlier." Admittedly, I was lying. We could have gone earlier but I was annoyed that they called on the morning of our ladies night to change the start time, when they had know about the party for nearly 2 weeks prior. Hmmmph! So, we arrived at the Nail Bar, eager to relax, eat, chat, drink, and unwind while being pampered. As soon as we walked through the doors we were quickly herded to the couches and encouraged (strongly) to get our services started. I had hoped to grab a drink, unpack my goodies and say "hello" to the other ladies before settling in for my services, but I sat down anyways and decided to go with the flow. I sat and was pampered and enjoyed my Mani-Pedi Combo ($65 with tax and gratuity included) and chatted with Emily and Candace who were nearest to me. Well, to be honest, I chatted with everyone... loudly. I had fun laughing with my friends and eating too many brownies (thats DC). BUT... I have a gripe. Just one. The whole experience felt rushed. From the second that the woman called me to see if we could come earlier, I felt rushed. Get in, get your services, and get out. I wanted to chat and catch up with friends. I wanted to luxuriate with friends and get pampered. I wanted to relax. I wanted something different than my normal day-day frazzled state. I wasn't able to FULLY relax and unwind because I felt like the 'girls' HAD in fact had a long day, and were ready to go home and relax themselves (they were friendly though). So we were kind of rushed though our services, had a quick visit in the Nail bar, gobbled our delish snacks (good job ladies!), and headed to Starbucks so we could spend more time catching up.

All in all, I had fun, but wasn't 'wowed' by the Pure Nail Bar. Might be a fun afternoon destination with a friend but Im not going to encourage anyone to book an after hours party with them. I hope the ladies had fun regardless of the rushed feel. It was great to see you all and catch up. I promise the next ladies night will be MUCH more relaxed.... im thinking someplace with alcohol.. ha ha ha.



Notice how we all went with bright colours for our toes. Only one person went with a bring colour for her fingernails, the rest went neutral. Hmmmm ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment