Monday, April 12, 2010

Where is the Pink Pig, oink oink oink.

Its amazing how the smallest things can make your day. My darling daughter, my smart, tenacious, wild little 25 weeker found the pig today. I know you must be thinking "Found the pig? What the hell does that mean?" She has a pig. Its part of a set (chick, pig, sheep, cow) that stack on top of one another. In our house nothing stays stacked for long though. Hurricane Kahlen (I say hurricane and not tornado, because hurricanes are wet just like the river of drool that runs from Miss Ks mouth!) blows though the toys and instantly they are scattered from corner-to-corner and wall-to-wall. I have been making an effort to name everything in the hopes it helps her language development. "This is a yellow chick, cheep cheep cheep". "This is a pink pig, oink oink oink." This is a _______, and so on. Well today, just for kicks I said "Kahlen, where is the pink pig, oink oink oink?" and she stopped throwing things, looked around, located and then crawled to the pink pig. She picked it up triumphantly, crawled it over to me and handed it to me. "Eeeeeeee, you SMART girl!" I exclaimed. "You smart smart girl. This IS the pink pig!" And so my day started. This was the first time (other than her wailing when I tell her 'NO") that I think she really understood what I was saying and interacted with me like this. I mean, she must know what Im talking about some days, she understands 'up' and 'hungry' and 'milk' among others, but this was the first time I felt like she was not only listening but REALLY understanding me. It was so small, and yet I feel so inflated with pride. "Where is the pink pig?" I wonder how long it will take for that one to get old... ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment