Saturday, January 16, 2010

People Just Don't Get It!

I think unless you’ve live in the NICU for 17 weeks with a premature baby (or even a few weeks with one) you just don’t get what it means to be the parent of a premie. Im getting really tired of people telling me that I’m over reacting when I ask them not to bring pets into my home, or wash their hands before holding K, or stay away if they are sick. I AM NOT BEING PARANOID! My kid was born 15 weeks early and I lived (sometimes just barely) though 17 agonizing weeks of watching her struggle and fight in the hospital, and then spending the rest of her life desperately trying to keep her safe and healthy and NOT wind up back in the hospital with her. How dare you idiots tell me that I am over reacting! How dare you even pretend to know what we all went though! Makes me just NUTS! Before you open you big mouth and try to preach to me about my kid, SHUT IT. I am a great mom, and my kid comes first, not you, your ego, or your feelings. Get off your soap box and quit before you start. Im not taking it anymore!
END RANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment