Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What does your fridge say about you?

Ready? OK!

Im lazy. Its true, I'll be the first to admit it. However, I am MORE of a glutton than a sloth... so, when I get hungry for sweets, I bake. Last night was one of those late night gluttonous baking nights. First I made sugar cookie dough. I found the recipe on my friends 'goody blog' (Megan's goody Blog). Megan is a baking woman extraordinaire, which is even more impressive when you hear that she and her husband Paul are in Uganda helping build a new school (Megan and Pauls blog), and that Megan bakes without all the help of modern conveniences (like an electric beatter/mixer). So, inspired by Megan I gathered the ingredients, opened the laptop to the recipe and got started.



I got started and quickly realized that I was going to have to be creative. Kahlen was sound asleep (and sick sick sick) and there was no way I was going to wake her by turing on the mixer. So, what did I do? Guess! You really never will. In fact Im almost embarrassed to admit it. I took the ingredients and I took the mixer. I walked through the kitchen, through the living room, through the bedroom (and closed the door) and... into the ensuite bathroom (and closed the door). Please don't judge me! I was VERY careful, and Steve's bathroom is super clean (cleaner than mine infact!) and had been scrubbed top to bottom with bleach earlier that day (Yes! My husband DOES clean bathrooms). Once the butter and sugar were creamed, I returned back to the kitchen and decided to do the rest by hand using my HUGE biceps.

Thumbs up! Looking good!

See? HUGE!

And As I took this picture of my bulging muscles, well actually after I took it, I looked at my fridge in the background and started to ponder (Watch out! Another one!) about peoples fridges. What does your fridge say about you? So, I took pictures of the inside and the outside of mine in case you want to judge me based on what you see (or dont see)!

Inside 

Outside

Our 'communication board'. Affectionately referred to as 'the board'.

Magnet, Friends contact info, and NICU buddy's christmas picture.

Pictures of me as a kid that I store here in case I get the chance to try and convince some unsuspecting schmow that Kahlen DOES look like me... even just a little bit.

Our Chore list partially covered by wedding pictures of Uncle Lindsay and Auntie Scott.

Our family calendar (Thanks DC!)

So there you have it. I was going to blog about baking... but its late now, and Im sick and tired. So instead of actually blogging about baking, Im just going to post all the pictures and let you blog the story line in your heads. For authenticity's sake, make sure you make up a few words, have a random ponder, and spell every 26th word wrong! Thanks for reading!







(this last pic is for my mom. This bowl was one that she and my dad used when I was a kid. I think it may have either been a hand-me-down to them or a wedding gift. I have it now sucker! Best bowl ever!)



No comments:

Post a Comment