Friday, May 7, 2010

...and so are the Days of Our Lives.

Kahlen and I snuggled watching a PVRed episode of Days of Our Lives tonight. The WHOLE episode. My kid, Miss damn-it-mom-put-me-down-I-have-more-important-things-to-do-than-cuddle-with-you, snuggled in beside me on our lumpy, well loved couch, and watched an entire episode of Days of Our Lives. I attribute this to two very important factors: 1) She LOVES Stephano (the evil villain for those that don't watch) who was a major part of today's episode and 2) she had just wrestled me for the remote control and won. She played couch commando, dominating the remote, increasing and decreasing the volume level with glee. She lazily stretched out using my robust thigh as her pillow and I sat nearly motionless, fearing that one wrong move or breath may bring our moment to a grinding hault. We watched an hour of TV. I avoided fast forwarding the commercials like I normally do, greedily enjoying every second with my girl. Admittedly, watching TV with your 14 month old is far from quality time, but I'll take it because these moments of prolonged physical contact are rare for Miss K and I. For a fleeting hour my toddler regressed, and I had my baby back.

No comments:

Post a Comment